Reading Activity 0302: Social Branding: Hashtag Wish

 Reading Activity 0302

Social Branding: Hashtag Wish


wish.com Is my obsession. I have never been so happy to order too small polyester misrepresented color/size/description and the occassional golden egg, a black one piece baggy peasent chairman mao type uniform It's a sort of gambling, I bet everyone's obsessed with it right now, I'll be checking out the hashtags!






#wish brought up their official account first. 7.2 million followers. following 15. Then unrelated content for the next one, and then cursedwishobjects which is worth checking out (so tone deaf sometimes, lost in translation) The only independent of official wish accounts so far. Then 30 unrelated, then finally #wishbrasil, 28,000 odd followers. Others pop up down the feed, official wish sites from other countries.

Tried #wish.com, more success there. First one #wtfwish as pictured above, which is inactive, wish.com_reviews, 200 odd followers, (a woman dedicated to posting grim stark pictures of all wish purchases to fellow consumer, quite unironically). Next is wish.com.69 which is adult toys, long inactive, 20 followers, 11 posts. 

Twitter must be the platform where people engage with products. I barely see anything at all under two potential and main hashtags, the company barely has a presence. Just one account, and it's just propoganda,and then like I said, the international offices pop up every 30 hashtags or so and obviously #wish is a popular hashtag so most of it isn't related. I've started tagging them in all my posts where i'm wearing their clothes in any case. 

Why does such a large corporation that makes ill fitting acrylic too small clothes not have a bigger following of people complaining? I have to check Twitter. Do I have to capitalize when spelling the name of these companies? I don't want to. It's like how we have to capitalize God. god. 




Comments